Thursday 28 April 2011

My Favourite Places to Stay in Estonia

This year I plan to spend Christmas in Tallinn. It will be the first time I experience an Estonian winter and although I have a fair idea what to expect, I hope the winter won't be as harsh as in years past. For the week I'll be there I plan to enjoy dining at my favourite restaurants - The Peppersack and Gloria's as well as buying treats from the Christmas markets.

My favourite accomodation in Tallinn is the Old House. I've been staying there for years and never stay anywhere else. The Old House is a wonderful place to stay because it has it all  - serviced apartments, guest house and hostel, accomodation to suit every budget.  My family always stay in one of the serviced apartment which sleeps from 2 - 6 people. Each year more apartments are added to their portolio and we enjoy staying in a different one each time we're there. All of the Old House apartments are centrally located and tastefully decorated making it a perfect home away from home.

                    
The Old House office is located at Uus 22 Tallinn 10111  Tel: +372 6411 281
http://www.oldhouse.ee/

In Tartu I often stay in one of the serviced apartments owned by Cafe Wilde. They are located adjacent to the to Cafe Wilde premises which is in the heart of Tartu. I first stayed there in 2003 when the apartments were first renovated and find them a very comfortable place to stay. Cafe Wilde is a must see whilst in Tartu. The building used to be a publishing house owned by Peter Ernst Wilde in the 18th century.  Today it houses a stylish cafe and bookstore on the ground floor as well as an Irish pub upstairs. Cafe Wilde is named in honour of both Peter Wilde and Irish writer Oscar Wilde which explains the large bronze statue of them outside the premises.


Wilde Guest Apartments are located at Vallikraavi 4 Tartu 51003  Tel: + 372 730 9764
http://www.wildeapartments.ee/