Saturday 6 August 2022

Precious family photographs

Each week Australia's Sunday Telegraph dedicates a page of its newspaper to old family photographs. People have the opportunity to share their favourite family photos with fellow readers and take a glimpse into moments from the past. To date, I've had four family photographs published in the Sunday Telegraph, mainly to surprise my father and uncle who always read the Sunday newspaper. Last Sunday I had the below photo published and my uncle emailed me straight away to tell me he saw it. It brought a smile to his face. A few days later, a surprise came to me when a distant relative living in Sydney contacted me via Facebook to say she had also seen the photo. I wasn't aware of this distant cousin prior to submitting the picture and was very happy to make her acquaintance. I have more Estonian family in Australia than I originally thought!


If you have a family photograph you wish to share, you can email The Sunday Telegraph directly here: photo@sundaytelegraph.com.au