Tuesday 21 November 2017

Home for Christmas!


Last year I had a wonderful Christmas in Tallinn. It was such a joy to stroll around the Christmas market sipping on Glögi whilst listening to live music. I can't wait to do it again. This year, after quite a long absence, I plan to spend Christmas with my family in Australia. It's been six years since I spent Christmas with them all so the re-union is very much overdue. I have a few new nieces and nephews that I have only met once so to celebrate Christmas with them for the first time should be quite special.

I decided to take an extended holiday to Australia. I will be there for two months in total. It would be a great opportunity to catch up with everyone and escape the chilly European  winter for a while. I checked the weather report yesterday and it stated it was 28 degrees  in Sydney. Fantastic! I can't wait to get out of my winter coat!

I have many fun things planned for my trip and one of the highlights will be to attend the annual Christmas party at Sydney's Eesti Maja. I have attended several events at Estonian House in the past but never their Christmas party. I always enjoy spending time with the local Estonian community and I'm looking forward to eating some traditional Estonian food again!

The only thing I am dreading is the jetlag. It usually takes me four day to properly adjust to the new timezone. It's furstrating because I will want to go out and do things yet I know, by early afternoon, the tiredness will take hold. But  I guess I have no choice but to endure it. It's short lived after all.

I will post photos from the Estonian Christmas party so you can see how it's done in Sydney compared to your city. 

Not long to go now, I fly out this Thursday!