Monday 12 September 2022

A visit to the Estonian Embassy in Vienna

Last week I had to make an unexpected trip to an Estonian Embassy to complete some consular matters that unfortunately I couldn't do online. As there is no Estonian Embassy in the city where I live, I had to find the nearest embassy to my home and that was Vienna, a four hour drive away. The Estonian Embassy in Vienna is only open to the public two hours a day (10am-12pm) so I had to stay overnight for my 10am appointment the next day. I didn't mind too much, Vienna is a lovely city, famous for its coffee houses and one of the most famous is Cafe Central - it's so popular that the queue runs out the door!

I'm always curious to know what the different Estonian embassies around the world look like. I've only been to a few but they are very often in stylish old buildings. This was the case in Vienna. One thing I particularly liked about the building was the old fashioned lift with its wooden interior and bench seat. You rarely come across lifts like that these days. The staff member I met with was nice, helpful and thorough. It was a pleasant experience.

'The Estonian Embassy is located at:
Wohllebengasse 9/12, 1040 Vienna, Austria 


Some reading material I took home with me. It's always good to learn something new about Estonia!