Tuesday 6 June 2023

What to write in an Estonian birthday card

It's my uncle's birthday soon and I realised it's been a few years since I've written his birthday card in Estonian only. To make him happy to read a card in his native language I have included some of these birthday greetings. You might find them useful too.

 
Happy birthday - Palju õnne sünnipäevaks 
Happy and joyous birthday to you  - Ilusat ja rõõmsat sünnipäeva teile 
On this day I celebrate you and your life - Sel päeval tähistan sind ja sinu elu
Hope you have a wonderful birthday - Loodan, et teil on imeline sünnipäev
Good luck - Palju õnne 
All the best - Kõike paremat
All the best to you, your special day, and to all the birthdays to come! 
Kõike paremat teile, teie erilise päeva ja kõigi tulevaste sünnipäevade puhul!