Saturday 23 December 2023

Christmas joy with a hint of sadness

I love Christmas time. It has always given me great pleasure to decorate my home each year, buy nice gfts and cook up a feast. I come from a large family so our Christmas celebrations are usually filled with lots of joy and laughter. It has been a few years now since my family have been all together for Christmas. Some members of my family have moved away and some have passed away. Christmas can be tough when you miss the people you love. This year will be the fifth Christmas without my mother. I often feel bouts of sadness knowing she's not here anymore. Every year since her death I started the tradition of always putting out the last Christmas card she send me with the new cards. This is my way of including her during the festive season.