Friday 30 August 2013

Where to Find the Best Views of Tallinn

Each time I visit Tallinn I like to expand my photograph collection by seeking out new objects of interest. Lately I have enjoyed walking around town and snapping away at the various sculptures and statues that adorn the streets. Some are really beautiful.

When people come to Tallinn they often want to take the perfect image of the city, a keepsake to share with family and friends and treasure for years to come. In the Old Town there are many lovely vantage points but if you want to capture Tallinn in all its glory; the towers, the church spires and terracotta rooftops, there are two places I recommend - The Radisson Blu Hotel and St.Olaf's Church.

On the 24th floor of the Radisson Hotel is a nice cafe that has both indoor and outdoor seating areas. If you fancy some light refreshments and want to take in the view of Tallinn at the same time, this is the place to go. I have been there twice now and found the atmosphere relaxing and inviting.


St. Olaf's Church also offers excellent views of Tallinn. The entrance fee to climb up the tower is only 2 euros and is well worth it.